Sunday 7 June 2009

And so it starts…

Hello family & friends! I was thinking of a way for me to keep in touch with those of you who are interested in my trip to Europe. Realizing that phone calls are pretty expensive and emails are tough to do when I don’t have the best internet access, I decided to start my own blog about my trip! Some other folks here, including the two girls I am traveling with have started to blog too.

It is currently Sunday, June 7th and I am sitting in my room at the Warkworth House in Cambridge, England. I have been here about one day now after traveling to Dublin, Ireland for two days prior. I would like to get you caught up on my adventures, so here we go, let me start from Wednesday after I give you some background about my trip…

I am traveling to Europe to teach elementary with 19 students and 2 advisors from USF’s College of Education. The title of the program is the British Schools Experience and is a student teaching internship for 4 weeks. We have accommodations at the Warkworth House Bed & Breakfast in Cambridge, England. As I prepared to come here throughout the spring, I decided that since I was going to be in Europe for the first time, and probably not for a long time after, I should try to take advantage of this opportunity to travel. I really wanted to see Ireland, and found a cheap flight that would get me there (Thank you Mom). Two other girls that I knew from class expressed interest in going on an adventure to Dublin with me for a few days, and before I knew it, we were all set to go. Their names are Tiffany and McKara, and I am certain they will come up a lot in this blog since we seem to be a trio who find each other quite amusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment